Wednesday 13 January 2010

My Psychic Disturbances: Frequency and Quality

Frequency and quality - some vaguely scientific words! Frequency = how often; quality = of what nature.

Just a note to say that the frequency of disturbance can be as bad as the quality of it. Disturbance need not be outright and obviously objectionable to cause injury, but merely be an intrusion into the mental space. Having someone around all the time, (I mean a ghost, or ghosts), someone who you hear speaking to you within seconds after you wake up in the morning, is a kind of disturbance. Too much mental traffic is painful - the frequency of thought activity must be within comfortable boundaries; this is especially true on hard days, days when the quality of disturbance is particularly burdensome.

Strangely it is a rare occurrence for my celestial friends and relations to intrude on me. I hear them often, but they do not injure me - either because I have become accustomed to thinking of them as allies, as desirable presences - or because they know to respect my boundaries, or some other reason. (Still, the frequency of hearing my celestial friends is much lower than that of the earthbound uninvited and unapproved presences).

Here I'm making a division between wanted and unwanted presences, and this is what defines 'disturbance'. (A disturbance is technically an unwanted psychic phenomenon caused by another being).

Finally, this excessive frequency of mental activity is irritating at least and very painful at worst; it's tiring and can be painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment