Friday 2 October 2009

My Story Part II: Poem

Here's a poem I wrote about my first breakdown. It's from a collection that I am about to have privately printed for family and friends.





Psychosis Episode 1


The Earth shook

I heard the sky speak

I faced a shadow army

Many voices chanted holy Name

A wraith appeared and saved me from murderers

I walked tall like an angel

I was an angel

I saw the sky turn Paradise purple

I was an Adam

I heard the hearts of mountains breaking at the End





There's something special about these experiences. Grand auditory hallucinations - hearing booming voices in the sky, feeling like the First Human, sensing mountains to be alive and their hearts breaking as the very End of the World sternly approaches. There's something special about such things that are valuable - unlike other unenviable schizophrenia-induced circumstances which are dark, almost too dark too mention in detail. I made the above list of experiences exulting in the grandeur of them, but I'd rather not write about their companions - getting up close and personal with the powerful essence of evil, or reliving numerous moments in which I thought my family to be in grave peril or dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment