Wednesday 14 October 2009

Hope

Remember Hope.


This is one of the most important lessons I have to impart to those in a situation like mine. Hope to one day be free of disturbance.

I realised one day that I could have hope, and that I had been living without it.

I have now seen a spiritual healer twice; as I have recounted, the first time I saw him I was restored to health, albeit temporarily, which was a minor miracle for me! Then I saw him again two years later, and there was not much of a noticeable change; he did say however that he had faith I would become free of the beings (people, like bullies) who were attempting to dominate me. I was disappointed - for all I've said on this blog about how spiritual healing can save you - I had hoped he would heal me. I still hope there is someone out there who can heal me. But this person said that the key was for me to be assertive with these intruders. This assertiveness means having the strength to effectively assert my rights, or even to declare to the universe exactly what is or is not acceptable with me.

This daily interaction has changed me and made me able to be civil in the face of aggression, and to retain a sense of dignity - not only do I assert my own rights, but I assert the rights of others - and indeed this is the meaning of assertiveness (to assert only one's own rights could be the definition of aggression).

But I have hope.

One sector of society, as we are today, seems to say that to hear any kind of voice is madness and a fiction. But I know this and still have faith in the reality of the voices I hear. One such voice said that I would be in a good 'place' by 2012...

I am interested in all religions; the Buddha says that if someone applies themselves to doing good, even if at first their efforts are unfruitful, in the end the person will be successful, "and then their efforts will bear fruit indeed."

It takes a lot of virtue to counteract a bully in your mind, a bully who is stronger than you are, [stronger in one sense, but not the highest sense]. I read recently that evil can only make you suffer; and this power, as we know, is a negative power - positive powers of love and healing and service are far greater than injury.

And eventually, "Amor omnia vincit" (Latin, love conquers all). There is in the universe a level at which all beings are healed, a point that darkness cannot penetrate. Since Life is change, healing must come to all beings and nothing can persist in malice forever.

We have rights, and there is Order in the universe that likes to see rights upheld, and does so for the happy progress of all created beings.

So have hope; and in the meantime follow your path and look for health - and whoever seeks, finds, as Christian believers are taught.

No comments:

Post a Comment