Saturday 8 October 2011

A Reminder for Life: Be Strong

Not to plagiarise a book I've been reading too heavily, but when you are suffering a kind of injustice, you can take on negative thinking that does not suit your nature.

"I would have a normal life if it wasn't for X"

"If it wasn't for X, I could be happy"

As soon as you blame like this - and I have been very guilty of this, too - you mentally put the power to change your situation into another's hands. They have responsibility to change your life for the better; is that true? On analysis no, we always have the power to change our circumstances for the better.

Me, I would have a job and a mate. I would be strong and happy. If only I had my righful peace, privacy and safety. - Is that true? Am I completely passive in this situation? No. With hope and wise choices and courage, I can change everything.


Just because you are being treated badly, doesn't mean you have to respond by being weakened.

No comments:

Post a Comment