Thursday 22 July 2010

Why I Am Ill

I became ill because of intensive use of the intoxicant cannabis.

I was always well before. I was a fairly good student who got good grades. I smoked cannabis with friends, then with one other person, then alone, using it heavily over an eleven month period.
Cannabis brought me great heights of suffering in hallucinations that lasted weeks, and has brought me great widths of suffering off and on through every day over TEN years. Almost all my adult life has been changed through using cannabis.
Cannabis induced schizophrenia in me - besides the spiritual awakening induced by the mystical properties of the intoxicant, cannabis induced schizophrenia in me.

I will never use the intoxicant cannabis again.


Cannabis is not without side effects even if it does not trigger psychosis, whether through slowing the mind down as the medical advocates say, or through polluting and weakening the aura as the spiritual advocates say. Still, one puff can trigger depression (as it did in Goldie Hawn), and there is much evidence that heavy use by youths and young adults leads to schizophrenia, which I can tell you is a very serious health problem. I do not doubt that cannabis can cause schizophrenia.

I am also ill because I became psychologically dependent on cannabis, believing that it was the gateway to feeling the love of God and being unified with God. As more valuable experiences came to me, the more dependent I became, but I also became more sick.
Looking beyond the purported psychological effects of taking any psychoactive drug, you can always still know God by safe means.

No comments:

Post a Comment