Thursday 16 December 2010

My General Point of View: Schizophrenia And Spirituality

I recently had a debate with someone close to me, via letter, about the way I see the world. My position, as someone who has parapsychic experiences, must be like the way a mystic feels when denounced by atheists. There is an experiential divide, which is sadly being used as a basis for argument... I mean one person is open to things that the other cannot know, yet that other person claims to know more.

Most people are unaware of the paranormal, as a real experience rather than an idea or belief system; this must be true. The paranormal, or spiritual experience, is a less popular branch of reality than mere spiritual belief is, - and we all know how contentious that is. So with the paranormal we are dealing with something like a niche belief that inspires everything from scorn and ridicule to labels of insanity. It's no wonder that I, as someone who claims to be very psychic, has trouble being believed in that claim, especially once my past history of illness is brought into frame. What's more, I even think that the world I know is unusual in occult terms, a paranormal paranormality.


Here's my point of view:
  • If you have spiritual belief, embrace the sixth sense. Scientists know that we do not find traces of God in the Universe - unless they argue that Everything is God. So God is therefore an extra-sensory reality... to be known by extra-sensory perception. As a spiritual person, either you know God, or you have faith in someone who does. Do you have any experiences of God? Then the chances are that they came as special sensings, or in dreams.
  • It is a common belief in mediumistic circles that everyone has psychic capability that can be developed into active extra-sensory perception. Logically, this even includes people with profound mental illness. Schizophrenic people can also be psychic. Schizophrenic people can be having extra-sensory perceptions - whatever the doctors say, who deny the possibility of 'voices' being real, and turn a blind eye to spiritualism, claiming that there are only five senses.


So these are my views. I admit, I'm a little angry after this debate, because of the perceived emotion in the other person who I was corresponding with. You can sense a closed mind, and it's insulting when someone presumes you must be wrong because you have had psychosis, even though they may actually believe that psychic perception is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment