Sunday 20 November 2011

Drawings

It seems that my drawings page is very popular! Even more popular than my highest ranking post, by far!

I had three drawings on the drawings page, and have now added a further seven. I noticed that on Google, an image search for "schizophrenia drawings" is very popular. It was a nice feling to se my pictures down around page 23! Wow. It makes you feel valued. Nice.

The drawings I just put up are mostly from my initial breakdown 10 years ago. And they do suggest a little bit what it was like. But I see them as being very creative, and they are very special for me, as I had never done anything like that before. I think they are good.
At that time I was unmedicated, and unknown to the health services, very very delusional, hallucinating and suffering. But still enjoying drawing. It was something I really enojyed - but the initial outpouring of creativity ran dry after a while - I guess I exhausted it (probably due to drug use). Within a couple of years however, I was drawing again as a form of enjoyment or relaxation, with a similar artistic vision, but less creative energy, under the calming, clarifying effect of medication.

Well if you are interested, take a look at the drawings page. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. There's probably a strong link between creativity and mental unsolidity. A positive bonus! People like Beethoven and Van Gogh were "biopolar" and "schizo"; a healthy trait! lol

    ReplyDelete